Thursday, February 17, 2011

33rd SEA Forensics: Day 1

My brain has turned completely to mush, and yet I'm still here.
That's what you call dedication :)
Day one of the SEA.
A little too young to adjudicate, I'm happy to lay that responsibility to rest till next year.
The ibu ayam are almost all drained out.

It's an experience, handling the likes of 20 odd newbies to the competition. Yet, we swell with pride, at the sound of applause and appropriate laughter.

A warm and fuzzy feeling it brings, meeting up with old friends from abroad. The kind you make without any false pretences what so ever.
I like being remembered. How refreshing to hear I inspire. Awkward glances of familiarity and attitudes that can break bones.
How out of line and in fact naive of me to believe, the stalking ended there.
Oh no.

In the spirit of healthy competition,
it's definitely crunch time.

And tomorrow, may the coloured papers read small numbers and the signboards show many the number 11.

Ah, its great to be back.

Thought of the day: Hard love
in my ears,
bruno mars: talking to the moon

0 comments:

Post a Comment